Join the BBS
Annual subscriptions are due on application and on January 1st each year thereafter.
Categories of membership
- Ordinary membership: £25.00 per annum (£26.50 for PayPal payments to cover costs)
Includes entitlement to Journal of Bryology and Field Bryology, as well as other services provided by the society.
- Concessionary membership: £12.50 per annum (£13.50 for PayPal payments to cover costs)
A concessionary subscription, providing all the entitlements of Ordinary Membership, available to Senior Members (Ordinary Members who have been members of the Society for 40 years or more), Junior Members (Members who are under the age of 21) and Student Members (Members who are full-time students, irrespective of age)
- Family membership: £1.00 per annum
For any additional member of the family who resides with an Ordinary or Junior member. Family members do not receive any publications but have all other rights and privileges of membership.
- Institutional subscriptions: £20 per annum (£25 for PayPal payments)
Institutional subscriptions entitle the subscriber to receive Field Bryology and Journal of Bryology by post, and enable online access to past issues of both.
Methods of payment
- Download and print an application form, then send the completed form with your cheque payable to ‘The British Bryological Society’ to the Membership Secretary.
- Complete an online registration form, then pay your subscription via PayPal (a PayPal account is not required)
- Complete the online registration form, then set up a standing order for payment of your subscription.
Note that the first option will not create an online account, which you will need in order to access the Member’s area of the website and the Journal of Bryology online on the Taylor and Francis website. You can create this account later if needed, by clicking the Login option at the top of the page and selecting the Register option.
For the latter 2 options, once you have completed the registration form, the Membership Secretary will be notified and, on receipt of your subscription payment, will approve your application. At this point you will receive an email telling you how to login to the website and access the restricted member content.Apply online Download application form